Hi everyone, here are the closure dates for both the Croston and Chorley Schools. May we wish all of you a very safe and happy Easter!
Closed Sat 8th/15th April (Trinity Methodist School) Thurs 13th /20th April ( Croston Community Centre aka Scout Hut.
Classes resume Sat 22nd April.
Closed Sat 15th April, Tues 18th April, Wed 19th April
Classes resume Sat 22nd April
There are still a few places left for the Sleeping Beauty Dance workshop that is being held on 16th July at Astley Village Community Centre. Please book your place as soon as possible.
There is an article in the Chorley Citizen this week and one to come in the Chorley Guardian re the new build that will replace the Ambulance Hall that you may find interesting.
Hello everyone — hope you are all ok !
Just wanted to let you all know that we have a workshop (Sleeping Beauty) booked with Michael Berkin from Professional Dance Experience on 16th July 2017.
Those of you who attended the last workshop will remember how brilliant it was, both for pupils and parents! An experience that I’m sure you will all remember!
All will take place at our temporary Saturday Chorley venue of Astley Village Community Centre – (everyone seems to like it)! and the time table and fees are listed below. Please note that places are limited so if you would like your child/ children to take part then please let me know as soon as possible.
10.00am Pre-Primary to Grade 1 ( 1hour lesson) Fee £14
11.00 break of 15 minutes
11.15 Grade 2 and 3 ( 1.5 hour lesson) Fee £18
12.45 Lunch break
1.30 Grade 4 and 5 (2 hour lesson) Fee £24
4,00 Inter F /Inter (2hour lesson £24)
Remember, places are limited, please get back to me to book your place either on this mail address or firstname.lastname@example.org
The school will be closed for the half term break from Sat.11th Feb through to Friday 17th Feb inclusive. Classes will resume on Saturday 18th Feb when all Ambulance Hall classes will transfer to Astley Village Community Centre, Hallgate PR71XA. this will be a temporary arrangement until the new build with everything a dance school would need is completed.
Any queries, please get back to me via website – email@example.com
I am sorry to have to let you know that due to circumstances beyond my control, we will not be able to hold the farewell party to the Ambulance Hall as planned!
The best thing I can do is promise the children a party to celebrate us moving in to the new build as and when it is completed. It promises to be very exciting, mirrors, barres and suitable dance flooring! Couldn’t ask for more really!
Once again my apologies re the recent party plans but I’m sure the new build one will be even more special!
Just to let you know that we will close for the Christmas Break after lessons on Saturday 17th December. Classes will resume as follows —
Chorley School — as from Tuesday 10th January
Croston School — as from Thursday 5th January
May I take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy and Safe Christmas and say that we all look forward to seeing you in 2017!! There are exciting times ahead as far as the Ambulance Hall goes — watch this space please, it really will be worth it!
PS well done to our new Adult Tap class at Croston, who are improving in leaps and bounds according to Miss Kelly!!
If you would like to view some very nice pics of the children on their last lesson before Christmas — please see the Dance School Facebook Page — worth looking at.
PS The start back date for Croston Thursday classes is now 5th January 2017 to make up for cancelled lessons on 24th November 2016 when Miss Kelly was poorly.
As you will see, the website is now up and running again. Sorry for any inconvenience caused by it being down for a short while.
The school will be closed for the upcoming half term break on Saturday 29th October, Tues 1st, Wed 2nd and Thurs 3rd November. Classes will resume on Saturday 5th November. May we take this opportunity to thank you for your continuing support and wish you all a safe and happy half term holiday!
Some of the recently distributed DVD’s are apparently faulty. I have been in touch with Wizard who apologised and explained that they appear to been sent a faulty batch of blanks by their suppliers.
A considerable number of people have not yet collected their copies – they are available at all 3 studio venues. (You will need to sign on collection).
Please watch and check that both Act 1 and Act 2 are ok, if not, return them labelled with your name and ‘faulty’. They will then be returned and replaced.
Thank you for your patience.
The forthcoming September time table has proved very difficult to organise. Please see below the amended version — being sent out 26.08.16 — please ignore anything that was published before this date.
It is clear from the amount of queries coming through that some people are unsure of the grade that they are in. This is completely understandable as we went straight from exams into show work. In order to clarify things I have included the show number that pupils were in alongside the provisional times.
Please note that this is provisional only, if you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me either via the website or mobile.
- SATURDAY AMBULANCE HALL
- 9.15 PRE-PRIMARY BALLET (I CAN SING A RAINBOW)
- 9.55 BREAK FOR SHOE CHANGE
- 10.00 PRIMARY TAP (MADAGASCAR)
- 10.40 PRIMARY BALLET ( FLY ME TO YOUR HEART)
- 11.20 GRADE 1 MODERN (NEW CLASS FOR ANYONE AGED 5 -7 (ENROL VIA TEACHER OR REGISTER DESK)
- 12.00 GRADE 1 BALLET (CINDERELLA)
- 12.40 GRADE 2 MODERN (NEW CLASS SUITABLE FOR GD 1 OR 2 BALLET (ENROL VIA TEACHER OR REISTER DESK)
- 1.15 JAZZ (ONE DIRECTION)
- SATURDAY ST. MICHAEL’S
- 9.30 INTER F BALLET (Dance like fall) 9.30 GD 4 MODERN (High School Musical)
- 10.10 Grade 3 Ballet (Gypsies ) 10.10 GD 4 TAP (AIN’T TOO COOL)
- 10.50 JAZZ (I Know what you did last summer) 10.50 JAZZ ( Sweet Lovin’)
- 11.30 GD 6 TAP (SAX) 11.30 GD 2 BALLET (MALEFICENT)
- 12.10 NEW GD 6 MODERN (GET STUPID) 12.10 NEW INTER MOD ( PARACHUTE)
- 12.50 GD 6 TAP (BAD HABIT) 12.50 NEW GD 4 MOD ( SET IT OFF)
- 1.30 INTER F BALLET C (ED SCISSOR HANDS) 1.30 JAZZ ( THIS GIRL IS MINE)
- 2.10 FINI 2.10 FINI
- TUESDAY ST. MICHAEL’S
- 5.10 NEW GD 4 BALLET (PAS DE FLEUR) 5.10 GD 2 TAP (DID I MENTION)
- 5.50 NEW GD 3 MOD ( GOTTA BE ME) 5.50 GD 3 TAP (BETTER WHEN I’DANCIN)
- 6.30 NEW PT WORK CLASS Gd 5 Ballet ( Spanish Swan Lake) enrol with teacher
- 6.30 Adv 2 Tap PL (Vicky T)
- 7.10 Inter F Pointe Class 7.10 Inter Tap
- 7.50 Senior Ballet Class 7.50 Fini
- 8.30 Fini
- WEDNESDAY ST. MICHAEL’S
- 5.00 GD 5 Ballet (Spanish Swan Lake) 5.00 Musical Theatre Junior
- 5.40 New Gd 1 Tap (That’s how we do ) 5.40 Musical Theatre Senior
- 6.20 6.20 Fast Track Tap
- 7.00 Senior Tap(Adv 1 ) 7.00 Inter Modern
- 7.40 Senior Jazz 7.40 Fini
- 8.20 Finish